How to Apply for Accreditation
If you are an organization that wants to become an accredited Open Trusted Technology Provider™ you need to take the following steps:
- Prepare for Accreditation by reading the following documents:
Contact the Accreditation Authority via email to register your intent to be accredited. You will need to provide Accreditation Contacts, who are the various individuals within the Organization who are the points of contact for accreditation. You will need to provide contact information for the following contact roles:
- Authorized Signatory - the person who has overall responsibility for the accreditation activity for your Organization and who is authorized to enter into legal commitments on behalf of the Organization.
- Primary Accreditation Contact - the individual who is the primary contact for all accreditation activity and issues across your Organization.
- Alternate Accreditation Contact (optional) - a person who is an alternate to the Primary Accreditation Contact and who has the same rights and responsibilities for accreditation.
- Organization Finance Contact - your Organization's primary contact for payment or invoicing issues related to accreditation.
- Organization Marketing Contact (optional) - the individual to contact for any accreditation related marketing issues.
- Download, print, sign, and return the Accreditation Agreement and Trademark License Agreement to The Open Group legal department for their review and countersignature.
- Determine the specific Scope of Accreditation that you wish to have accredited.
- Submit the applicable accreditation fee to the Accreditation Authority.
Completing the Conformance Statement and ISCA
- Download and complete the Conformance Statement, which includes declaring your Scope of Accreditation. Submit the completed Conformance Statement to the Accreditation Authority via email.
Download the Implementation Selection Criteria Application (ISCA) Document. Complete the document per the instructions within the document and submit it to the Accreditation Authority via email.
The objective of this activity is to identify a subset of products within the Scope of Accreditation that is representative of the full Scope of Accreditation and the O-TTPS processes utilized within the Scope. All Selected Representative Products will be assessed by an O-TTPS Recognized Assessor for conformance to the O-TTPS Accreditation Requirements.
Accreditation Authority Review
- The Accreditation Authority must approve both the Conformance Statement, which includes the Scope of Accreditation, and the ISCA Document, which includes the Selected Representative Products, before you can move forward in the Assessment process. Once approved you may move onto the next step.
- If you have not already done so, you need to choose an O-TTPS Recognized Assessor company from the register of O-TTPS Recognized Assessors to perform your Assessment.
- Inform the Accreditation Authority which O-TTPS Recognized Assessor company has been engaged.
- You need to download the Accreditation Package Document and then incorporate – from the completed and approved ISCA Document - the declared Scope information from Section 2 and the tables from Appendix A.
- Assemble the Accreditation Package, which includes the completed Accreditation Package Document along with the Evidence of Conformance. The Accreditation Package Document contains a table for each requirement. You must supply pointers to the evidence that demonstrates conformance to each requirement for every Selected Representative Product.
- Once the Accreditation Package has been assembled, you submit it to the O-TTPS Recognized Assessor you have chosen.
- The Assessor assesses the Accreditation Package Document and the Evidence of Conformance it references. Applying the Assessment Procedures, the Assessor determines whether the evidence provided demonstrates the Organization's conformity to the Accreditation Requirements for each of the Selected Representative Products.
- Once the Assessor has completed the Assessment and finished the Assessment Report, which is included in the Accreditation Package Document, a representative of your Organization and the Assessor both need to sign the Assessment Report.
- The Assessor submits the updated Accreditation Package Document, including the Assessment Report, to the Accreditation Authority.
Completion of Accreditation
- The Accreditation Authority reviews the completed Accreditation Package Document including the Assessment Report for completeness and consistency across applications. Once the Assessment Report is approved you may move onto the next step.
- If you have not previously completed a Trademark License Agreement for use of the Accreditation Logo, it must be completed at this stage. Download the Trademark License Agreement, sign it and return to the Accreditation Authority.
- The Accreditation Authority will notify the Organization in writing of the outcome of the accreditation process.
- If successful the Accreditation Authority will issue the Accreditation certificate and update the Accreditation Registry.